1. Name. The name of the association will be, “Association of Asia-Pacific Peace Operations Training Centers (AAPTC)”.
2. Purpose. In the framework of the UN conceptual objectives referring to the execution of measures for cooperation in peacekeeping education and training, AAPTC is created to promote better efficiency and efficacy in the preparation of personnel appointed for UN operations. The AAPTC is an entity conformed with the centres and government institutions of the AsiaPacific region dedicated mainly to train and educate members of national armed forces and security forces and civilian personnel appointed to participate in peace keeping operation under UN mandate.
3. Aim and Objectives. a. To promulgate an understanding of training standards developed by the UN DPKO ITS and to encourage their adoption. b. To promote the exchange of information and experiences among training institutions regarding different training activities. c. To facilitate the ability of peace keeping training centres to dialogue with each other as a matter of routine. d. To facilitates the efforts to harmonize the doctrine, training and research efforts of the various members. e. To identify emerging UN training requirements flowing from relevant policy matters. f. To enhance effective cooperation and networking between different training institutions in the region. g. To promote understanding of the different institutional perspectives and organizational cultures present among military, police and civil components in peace operation.
4. Membership. a. AAPTC will be an open and voluntary association of centers and institutions working in the Asia-Pacific Region whose principle core of activity or function is engaged in peacekeeping research, education and training. b. Entities out of Asia-Pacific Region will be considered as Observer, which on the successive would be invited or request to integrate the Association as member. c. Invitees can also be part of an association, those governmental and nongovernmental academic organizations associated with peacekeeping education andtraining that could be invited by the Association or manifest as interest to participate. d. All member organizations will have the right to vote but Observer and Invitees will not have any right to vote. e. Those participating in the annual conference shall be considered as the active / current member for the AAPTC.
5. General Meeting. The assembly will be plenary and resolute, and it will represent the maximum authority on all the activities conducted by the Association. In addition, it will be responsible to establish its objectives and policies. These policies will be put into practice by the Executive Committee. The Association will hold a general meeting annually. The venue, date, agenda and theme of the meeting will be decided after consultation between members and the Secretariat.
6. Standard Agenda of the General Meeting. Over and above any other items to be decided by the Annual General Meeting, the following shall be on the standard agenda: a. Thematic discussion for the year. b. Progress reports on annual activities. c. Prospectus for planned courses. d. Message of the AAPTC Annual General Meeting. e. Agreement on the date and venue of the next meeting.
7. Directive Body. The Association Directive Body will be composed of the Chairperson, the Executive Committee, the Secretariat and hosts for next two years. This will have the function to coordinate the operation and the relationships among its members.
8. Chairperson. The Chairperson of the association shall be nominated from the association active members. The term of the Chairperson will be one year. The Chairperson will be from the organization hosting that year’s annual general meeting. The Chairperson-Elect will be from the organization that will host the next year’s annual general meeting. It shall rotate among the active members of the association in alphabetical order by country. Should a country decline a nomination during their appointed year, the next country alphabetically will be offered the nomination. If, subsequently the country that declined chooses to host at a later year, the chairmanship will return to them and then skip the next country. The responsibilities are:
a. Calling for and chairing the meeting,
b. Spearheading the activities of the Association and;
c. Organizing, with assistance from the Secretariat, the Annual General Meeting. AAPTC-3